DID YOU KNOW?:
ALMOST HALF (43%) OF THE TOTAL POPULATION OF KENYA IS UNDER 15.
(Source, Research Briefing Note - Kenya)
3/4 OF CHILDREN HAVE LIMITED ACCESS TO REMOTE LEARNING PLATFORMS AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT.
PLACE OF GRACE CHILDREN'S HOME
Click here for more information on liftthechildren.org
THEIR MISSION: To Provide Orphans and Vulnerable Children with basic and Secondary needs such as Food, shelter, education clothes, medical care, recreation, parental and spiritual guidance, love and
Psycho-social counseling and support
KEY POINTS, UNICEF REPORT 2021:
- Pandemic containment measures have left nearly 53 per cent of children living in multi- dimensional poverty in 2020...
- With reports of violence, abuse and exploitation of children and women also on the rise.
- Over 531,000 children aged 6 to 59 months need treatment for acute malnutrition in Kenya.
- Mandatory school closures due to COVID-19, from March 2020 through January 2021, have affected nearly 16.1 million children.
- Children have experienced unprecedented interruptions to learning and are facing heightened risks for gender-based violence, abuse, teen pregnancy, female genital mutilation and child labour.